
October 2001 came & went but still no referral.
One other family had been added to Group 109
so we now had 11 families in our group
The excitement was building
I purchased several calendars featuring photos of children adopted internationally
and spent hours looking through them wondering what our daughter would be like.
Mid November 2001 I was looking at a new calendar
and there were several photos of twins.
Every time I looked at these pictures something inside of me
jumped – as if I were pregnant and the baby was moving.
Then on Sunday, November 25th, I was helping Christos
at the Market and I had a sudden wave of joy come over me…
I looked up at him and said,
“Honey, we are getting twins!”
He looked at me, smiled gently and said,
“Honey, keep working”…
Then on Monday morning while I was in the shower
I had an image go through my mind—
It was like a forward flash of what was coming…
This is what I saw- all in just a few seconds…
“I saw my first Tuesday afternoon student, Katie,
at her lesson and the phone ringing.
I answered & heard Martha from Children’s Bridge saying,
‘Marcia, are you sitting down?”
I said, ‘Yes, why?’
She said, ‘You are getting twins’”
In a flash the image was gone but it left me with a very strong impression.
On Tuesday, Katie cancelled her lesson because she was sick.
I thought, Oh well, I must have been wrong.
We rescheduled her lesson for Thursday, November 29th.
Early in the afternoon of November 29th
I was at my parent’s place visiting with my Mom
and a Chinese girlfriend along with her one year old daughter.
After I while I thought, “I’d better go home soon to get
ready to teach and to be there in case “the CALL” comes…
So I came home & Katie came for her lesson at 3:45.
We spent the first few minutes of her lesson
looking through the calendars at all the beautiful pictures
and I told her of my “image” experience.
She was a teenager who loved children
and had been with our Music Academy for many years.
She had been following our journey with great excitement too.
At 4:11 the phone rang – I looked at Katie and then jumped up to answer the phone.
I answered it in the kitchen –
it was Martha from Children’s Bridge!
She said, “ Hello Marcia, its Martha.”
Breathlessly, I said, “Hi Martha. Just a second while I put my bird back in her cage.”
(We have a Quaker Parrot, named ‘Serena”
and she was sitting on my hand when I answered the phone)
Quickly I ran back to the phone and said “Ok, I’m here.”
She said, “Are you sitting down?”
I sat down & said, “Yes”
She said, “Well I have good news for you – You are getting twins.”
I started to cry and said “Oh my goodness – that is incredible- how is it possible?”
Her response was, “It is a miracle.”
Of that I was certain and I quickly wrote down all the information
One other family had been added to Group 109
so we now had 11 families in our group
The excitement was building
I purchased several calendars featuring photos of children adopted internationally
and spent hours looking through them wondering what our daughter would be like.
Mid November 2001 I was looking at a new calendar
and there were several photos of twins.
Every time I looked at these pictures something inside of me
jumped – as if I were pregnant and the baby was moving.
Then on Sunday, November 25th, I was helping Christos
at the Market and I had a sudden wave of joy come over me…
I looked up at him and said,
“Honey, we are getting twins!”
He looked at me, smiled gently and said,
“Honey, keep working”…
Then on Monday morning while I was in the shower
I had an image go through my mind—
It was like a forward flash of what was coming…
This is what I saw- all in just a few seconds…
“I saw my first Tuesday afternoon student, Katie,
at her lesson and the phone ringing.
I answered & heard Martha from Children’s Bridge saying,
‘Marcia, are you sitting down?”
I said, ‘Yes, why?’
She said, ‘You are getting twins’”
In a flash the image was gone but it left me with a very strong impression.
On Tuesday, Katie cancelled her lesson because she was sick.
I thought, Oh well, I must have been wrong.
We rescheduled her lesson for Thursday, November 29th.
Early in the afternoon of November 29th
I was at my parent’s place visiting with my Mom
and a Chinese girlfriend along with her one year old daughter.
After I while I thought, “I’d better go home soon to get
ready to teach and to be there in case “the CALL” comes…
So I came home & Katie came for her lesson at 3:45.
We spent the first few minutes of her lesson
looking through the calendars at all the beautiful pictures
and I told her of my “image” experience.
She was a teenager who loved children
and had been with our Music Academy for many years.
She had been following our journey with great excitement too.
At 4:11 the phone rang – I looked at Katie and then jumped up to answer the phone.
I answered it in the kitchen –
it was Martha from Children’s Bridge!
She said, “ Hello Marcia, its Martha.”
Breathlessly, I said, “Hi Martha. Just a second while I put my bird back in her cage.”
(We have a Quaker Parrot, named ‘Serena”
and she was sitting on my hand when I answered the phone)
Quickly I ran back to the phone and said “Ok, I’m here.”
She said, “Are you sitting down?”
I sat down & said, “Yes”
She said, “Well I have good news for you – You are getting twins.”
I started to cry and said “Oh my goodness – that is incredible- how is it possible?”
Her response was, “It is a miracle.”
Of that I was certain and I quickly wrote down all the information
as she told me about our soon to be daughters.
While I was on the phone with her, Christos walked in the front door.
He had decided to come home early from work that day.
As soon as I hung up the phone I took his hand & said,
“Honey, come here, I have to tell you something.”
I was crying and he thought that someone must have died.
Then I told him, “Chris, we are getting twins!”
He was so excited & gave me a big hug.
I quickly tried to tell him everything Martha had told me about the girls
then I phoned my parents to tell them.
Next I phoned my sister and left a message on her answering machine at work.
She was frantic when she heard my message
While I was on the phone with her, Christos walked in the front door.
He had decided to come home early from work that day.
As soon as I hung up the phone I took his hand & said,
“Honey, come here, I have to tell you something.”
I was crying and he thought that someone must have died.
Then I told him, “Chris, we are getting twins!”
He was so excited & gave me a big hug.
I quickly tried to tell him everything Martha had told me about the girls
then I phoned my parents to tell them.
Next I phoned my sister and left a message on her answering machine at work.
She was frantic when she heard my message
because I was crying so hard she couldn’t tell what I was saying
and thought something was terribly wrong.
She called right back and I was finally able to tell her.
Well, by this point I figured I had better go explain to Katie
what was happening. She was still upstairs at the piano practicing
while she waited for me to come back from the phone.
I went in and told her and she was so excited
we spent the whole lesson talking about the twins.
Needless to say I had to rebook her lesson again!
After I finished teaching we called the rest of our family members
to tell them the happy news.
That night we ordered Chinese Food for supper to celebrate our referral.
and thought something was terribly wrong.
She called right back and I was finally able to tell her.
Well, by this point I figured I had better go explain to Katie
what was happening. She was still upstairs at the piano practicing
while she waited for me to come back from the phone.
I went in and told her and she was so excited
we spent the whole lesson talking about the twins.
Needless to say I had to rebook her lesson again!
After I finished teaching we called the rest of our family members
to tell them the happy news.
That night we ordered Chinese Food for supper to celebrate our referral.
All evening was spent on the phone
talking to friends and calling back & forth
with our other Group members to share in their good news too….
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I'm so goosebumpy right now! Wasn't Referral Day awesome. It's amazing how everything works out just as it is supposed to.
Sherri
Post a Comment